CTR launched it's first website in 1998 and the design stayed pretty much intact until 2012. That is a long time to go without a major design upgrade! Check out the Archive.org captures of the site (apologies for missing images):
December 1998 | June 2012
In 2012, a 4-person team comprised of staff and volunteers was established and given a budget to overhaul the site. The main objectives were to: 1) reach more people, 2) mirror the experience of the physical church in an online environment, and 3) create better integration between the church management system and the website.
At the time we launched, we didn't have the budget to create a site that looked like CTR, but with the launch of this new site design, we're hopeful that we've met that objective!
Check it out over the next couple weeks. We'll keep the old site up during that time to help you in the transition.
A couple of navigation things:
- We replaced My CTR with Login/Sign-up to better reflect the integration of the site and to use a name that was more intuitive for first-timers.
- We reorganized the menu to reduce the number of top-level menu items. We hope it is intuitive, that Get Involved is where you go to start connections and build relationships (Children's Ministry, Student Ministry, Crossing, Connect Groups, Men Of The Rock, Women's Ministry, Causes (aka Global & Local Missions), and Life Events (e.g., Child Dedication, Baptism, Marriage, and Funerals). Get Help is where you go to find help in healing and growth through CTR's Community Shepherds, Classes, Counseling Services and Growth Groups.
Please let us know what you think by clicking on the Feedback button below.
- The Login/Signup area is not mobile friendly, but we're working on it. We've placed links to download apps for iPhone and Android there until work has been completed.
- Search works, but it is currently still indexed to the current site. As soon as we make the switch, we will re-index it to the new site. You may still encounter old web pages in search, but we'll do our best to fix that over time.
- We're in the process of moving content over to our new Media Center. It will be a slow process, but we will keep a link to the old media center up until we get 3 months of sermon messages up.
Thank you for your prayers, patience and feedback as we transition to the new site!