Are you interested in a short term trip?
Christ The Rock offers opportunities throughout the year for you to participate in a short term mission trip.
Short term trips provide focused assistance to people in need around the world.
What can you do?
PRAY GO GIVE SHARE
Reach Administrative Assistant
Below are current opportunities through 2017:
- Texas Hurricane Relief Trip | October 21 - 26
We have confirmed a trip to Texas to assist with disaster relief, leaving on Saturday, October 21 at 6:00 a.m. from Fond du Lac and returning from Texas at noon on Thursday, October 26. The work is specific to debris removal, so we will need gloves, rakes, shovels, generators, chain saws and wheelbarrows. The plan is to carpool and tow a CTR trailer.
- Go: If you are interested in joining this relief effort, please email John Slotten or call (920) 841-6459.
- Give: If you feel led to give financially, we recommend donating directly through the Convoy of Hope website or directly to Samaritan's Purse.
- Special Needs for Trip: Campers and RVs (housing is unavailable)
- Peru Work Trip | August 25 - September 4
Support the sharing of God’s message by using your construction knowledge and skills. Ruth and Dick Robinson have established a pastor training center in Nuevo Italia, Peru. The training center teaches God’s word and equips pastors with leadership skills. The pastors then establish churches in their communities and can reach out to non-contacted tribal groups. CTR along with other churches is working to build the infrastructure of the training center. A new bathroom facility is needed to increase the number of pastors and mission teams that can be hosted. Your willingness to go and share your skills makes an important contribution to sharing God’s Word.
- Cost: $2,500/person
- Application Deadline: July 2017
- Lac Courte Oreilles Trip | October 26 - 29
Our October trip is our missionary support trip. Come lend a hand to Dave & Pam Innerebner and be a part of supporting their long-term ministry on the reservation. Activities could include firewood cutting and stacking, minor building remodeling and maintenance, and helping community members with small projects. Come experience a worship service with traditional Native elements, and be a part of loving the Lac Courte Oreilles people to Jesus.
- Cost: $75/person
- Information Meeting: September 10th, 1:00pm, 720 Blackwell Street Kaukauna WI 54130
- Application Deadline: September 30th
- Sahrawi Refugee Camps | November 2 - 12
This fall CTR in partnership with NFI will be sending a team on a short-term trip to support our work with the Saharwi. The team will be sent to support the work of our long-term team in the field. Activities to include: practical community outreaches, prayer walks, and attend a faith dialogue between Muslim and Christian authorities on the topic of Heaven in the Holy Books.
- Cost: ~$1,800/person
- Information Meeting: July 23rd, 10:30am, West Lounge - CTR
- Application Deadline: August 27th
- Haiti Medical | November 8 - 17
Our Haiti team is running a medical trip to aid in supporting the vast medical needs of the Haiti people. There are needs for team members that are medical providers, nurses, pharmacists, lab workers and in addition non-medical personnel. If you have a heart for the medical field and a skill to partner with practioners in presenting the gospel through meeting physical needs, this trip is for you!
- Cost: ~$1,350/person
- Information Meeting: August 1st, 6:30pm, West Lounge - CTR
- Application Deadline: August 1st
- Mexico Trip | December 26 - January 2
Over the past 10 years, CTR has sent over 800 people on short term mission trips. Activities have included putting up soccer goals, basketball hoops, swing sets, performing skits/dramas, offering children’s programs, supporting the local Pastor, and mostly bringing hope to the community. Our involvement has brought local media attention to District 28 and triggered the Mayor of Muzquiz to pave roads and put up lights, and rebuild the plaza. Pastor Juan wants to develop a daily feeding program and an orphanage, to help get abandoned children off the streets, into school and help break the cycle of drugs, gangs and prostitution!
- Cost: TBD
- Information Meeting: October 2nd, 6:30pm, the Loft - CTR
- Application Deadline: October 15th