Christ The Rock offers a week long stateside mission trip to an unknown destination for high school youth (grades 9-12).
Overcoming fear of the unknown can be a daunting task. So, why choose a destination for a high school mission trip and not disclose the location? The answer is simple: because a service mission should not be about the destination.
So how do we overcome the fear of the unknown? The Bible tells us in Joshua 1, verse 9: This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Senior High Student Ministry Team Leader
When we know God is with us, we can overcome any fear!
Typical Conditions of A Destination
- Location in the continental United States
- Economically disadvantaged
- Church in need of improvements/maintenance
Christ The Rock's Involvement
- Students, chaperones and leaders engage in service projects including landscaping, light construction, cleaning, etc.
- Students work alongside the locals and build a relationship with them.
- Conversations about why we're there should come naturally and students will share a message of finding hope through Jesus.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
PRAY GO GIVE SHARE