Ever wonder how to grow or even just get started with God? We make it easy for you! Check out our classes and groups to find out what your next steps will be here at Christ The Rock!
- Next Steps Coffee | Next Opportunity: Sun., August-November dates TBA
For anyone new to Christ The Rock, or people who have attended for a while but haven’t yet connected through classes or volunteering. Come for coffee and snacks, and meet pastors, ask questions, and find out more about getting connected.
- Dates (pick one): Sun., August-November dates TBA
- Time: 10:45 AM-12:00 PM (Coffee and breakfast treats provided)
- Cost: Free
- Registration: Not required
- Starting Point | TBA
Whether you're new to faith, just checking it out or coming back to church after some time away, Starting Point is a great first step. Check out this video from the creators of our support materials:
- Dates: TBA
- Time: 6:30 - 8:30 PM
- Cost: $15
- Group Size Limit: Each group is limited to 10 participants..
- Membership at CTR | Next Live Class: Mon., June 18
It doesn't matter if you've been coming to CTR for a week or 10+ years. If you've decided that CTR is your church home and you're ready to make a membership commitment, we invite you to take the next step and attend our membership class. Our class will help you understand our mission, vision and values and help you get better plugged into CTR so that you can kick your spiritual growth into high gear!
- Dates (pick one): Mon., June 18, 2018
- Time: 6:30-8:00 PM
- Pre-Requisite: Watch orientation videos and complete a Membership application following the videos(available 24x7 online)
- More Info: Email Ann or call her at ext. 333
- Financial Peace University | Fall 2018
We all need a plan for our money. Financial Peace University (FPU) is that plan! It teaches God's ways of handling money. Through video teaching, class discussions and interactive small group activities, FPU presents biblical, practical steps to get from where you are to where you've dreamed you could be. This plan will show you how to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely, and much more!
- Dates: Enrollment for Current class is Closed
- Time: 6:30 - 8:30 PM
- More Info: Email Julie or call her at ext. 319
- Lay Counseling Program | Next Class: Fall 2018
If you have a heart and patience for walking those who are hurting through the healing process, please consider signing up for this class in the Fall. Becoming a CTR Lay Counselor requires attendance at three intensive weekend classes, 24 hours of practice with student partner, plus 24 hours of group observation and 12 hours of individual observation.
Module 1 - September 13-15, 2018
Module 2 - January 17-19, 2019
Module 3 - April 11-13, 2019
- Pre-requisite: Character Development
- Cost: $50
- Deadline to Apply: July 1, 2018
- More Information: Email Deb or call her at ext. 345
- Character Development | Next Class: Fall 2019
Challenge yourself to examine your life and how you relate to others while developing a deeper, more mature relationship with Christ. Join us for in-depth teaching and small group discussions. This course runs nine months, starting in September.
- Dates: Mondays (meets twice monthly)
- Time: 6:00 – 9:00 PM
- Cost: $40
- Questions: Email Lynne or call Ext. 331
- Apply: Enrollment now closed for the Fall 2017 class
- Gift Development | Next Class: Fall 2018
Not sure where you fit at church or where you could make the greatest impact here and in the world? This class will help you discover and develop your spiritual gifts and offer next steps where your unique talents could make the most difference. Join us for large group teaching and small group interaction.
- Dates: Fall 2018
- Time: 6:30 - 8:30 pm
- Cost: $25
- Marriage Development | Next Class: Fall 2018
Wonder why marriage is harder than you thought, or why it isn't living up to your expectations? Ever wish someone could help you understand how to do this better? Join us for practical, in-depth teaching and small group discussions on God’s design for marriage. Husband and wife must attend together. An application is required. Please click on the link below to register for the class.
- Dates: Fall 2018
- Time: 6:30 - 9:00 pm
- Cost: $75 per couple
- Journey Groups | Next Class: Fall 2018
You carry a story—filled with loss and beauty, betrayal and connection, shame and confusion. We believe that story is impacting your present life and your hope for the future. Journey Groups provide opportunities to open your soul to a deeper understanding of your past, greater freedom in your present, and growing connection with the Author of your story as you move forward. Journey Groups provide a safe place where stories of pain and abuse can be spoken, heard and redeemed. A 10-week commitment is required.
This class is actually small group work - 2 leaders and up to 6 group members - so your commitment to consistent 10-week attendance is imperative. 1 - 2 hours of homework outside of class each week. Please carefully consider the commitment before applying.
Class size is limited. Enrollment is not guaranteed until receipt of payment and The Journey Begins Application (by enrollment deadline) followed by review of your application and a phone call from the ministry coordinator.
- Dates and Times: TBD
- Cost: $65
- Registration Deadline: TBD
- More Information: Contact the Journey Group Ministry
- Premarital Class | Next Class: Fri., Apr 6 - May 4, 2018
Healthy marriages don't just happen. If you're engaged or considering marriage, our premarital class and mentoring process will help prepare you for a healthy marriage that lasts. Learn from trained mentor couples who know the joys and challenges of marriage and how to work through conflict and differences before they become big issues.
Prior to the first class, each couple will complete an online Prepare Assessment based on a set of 5 inventories that highlight potential relationship issues. We recommend that couples take the premarital class before engagement and at least nine months before their wedding date. Successful completion of the premarital class and mentoring are required before a Christ The Rock pastor can perform a marriage ceremony.
- Next Class: Fri., April 6 - May 4, 2018. Additional (Required) Class for couples with a child/children from a previous relationship on Friday, May 11, 2018
- Times: 6:30 - 9:00 PM
- Cost: $70 per couple (includes online Prepare Assessment)
- Registration Deadline: Jan. 10, 2018
- More Information: Contact the Church Office